As part of its cooperation with other universities, Paideia allows the participants of the Program to study for the joint Master Programs (120 ECTS). Participants in the Program study the One-Year Jewish Studies Program in Stockholm during the first year (60 ECTS) and advanced modules of Jewish studies at partnership institutions during the second year (60 ECTS).
Currently, the students interested in the continuation of the studies can choose between two Master Programs:
– Master’s Program in Jewish Studies entitled M.A. Jewish Civilizations at the Center for Jewish Studies Heidelberg (Hochschule für Jüdische Studien Heidelberg)
– Master’s Program in Religious Studies and Theology with specialization in History of Religions at Lund University (Centrum för Teologi och Religionsvetenskap Lund)
Master’s Program in Jewish Civilizations at the Center for Jewish Studies Heidelberg
Paideia and the Hochschule für Jüdische Studien Heidelberg (HfJS) give a joint 120 ECTS Master’s program in Jewish Studies, entitled M.A. Jewish Civilizations. The program is bringing together two leading European academic institutions and is based on a common vision shared by the two institutions of furthering excellence and mastery of Jewish sources in Europe, enhancing the knowledge base in Europe for research in Jewish studies and to contributing towards a European Jewish culture that is a dynamic, open and inclusive learning community, in conversation both with the Jewish textual sources and with society. By pooling and sharing resources, the two institutions also aim at the internationalization of European Jewish studies, allowing for mobility and contribution to the European academic community and to pan-European identity.
Scholarships are available to students continuing their studies towards the Master’s Program in Jewish Civilization.
Master’s Program in Religious Studies and Theology with specialization in History of Religions at Lund University
The Centre for Theology and Religious Studies at Lund University offers the students of the One-Year Program the possibility to apply for a number of courses to be completed as a 2nd year of a Master’s Program.
Most of the courses offered at Lund University have a unique comparative perspective of Judaism, Islam and Christianity. They provide knowledge about the formation of the three religions, their interactions and contributions to European culture.
The list of courses includes:
– Jewish Tradition: Classic Rabbinic Texts (10 ECTS, fall semester, on-line with a 2-day seminar in Lund in early November)
– The Emergence of Judaism, Christianity and Islam (15 ECTS, fall semester, on-line with a 5-day seminar in Lund in early November)
– Sayings and Stories as Educational Tools in Early and Medieval Christianity (10 ECTS)
– Mysticism, Philosophy and Wisdom Traditions in Judaism, Christianity and Islam (10 ECTS, on-line with a 2-day seminar in Copenhagen in late March)
– Thesis Colloquium (10 ECTS, fall semester. This is a campus course but you can join via zoom):
In addition, the Centre for Languages and Literature at Lund University offers the course in Yiddish language and literature (15 ECTS, online)
In order to apply for the Master Program, apply first to the Paideia One-Year Jewish Studies Program and, after being enrolled in the One-Year Program, apply for the selected Master Program. Students are required to have at least a BA diploma. The application for Master Programs is processed after being accepted to Paideia.
All studies are conducted in English.
For information about scholarships during the One-Year Jewish Studies Program and the Master Programs please click here.